La Aldea de Don Gil olive oil
La Aldea de Don Gil is an extra virgin olive oil, an excellent quality EVOO recommended both for cooking and frying, as well as dressing or taking raw. Certainly, buying La Aldea de Don Gil oil is giving life to your kitchen.
Origin and production
The olive groves are located in the surroundings of the Sierras Subbéticas Natural Park. And the varieties of olives from which this coupage olive oil is produced are Picuda, Hojiblanca and Picual.
This olive is harvested in a mature state, which makes this olive oil ideal for cooking and frying as it is not so intense in its fruity flavor. Unlike premium olive oils, whose olives are picked without ripening enough and therefore are generally of intense fruity.
Aroden is the company that produces, in addition to La Aldea de Don Gil, the Cladivm brand (premium olive oil) and has quality stamps and complies with laws that grant its products a guarantee of control and quality. The most relevant are the following:
- IFS, since 2014 they comply with the International Food Standard certification. A food safety, handling and hygiene standard in which they have a HIGHER rating.
- FSMA, Food Safety Modernization Act that comply to be suppliers to the US market.
- HACCP system, and that is based on food safety.
Producer of La Aldea de Don Gil: Aroden
Aroden is an oil mill located in Carcabuey (next to the Sierras Subbéticas Park) and which was established at the beginning of this 21st century. Even so, the olive tradition of its farmers, like those of its previous generations, dates back to ancient times in the cultivation of the olive tree.
There are many national and international recognitions that they get each year, although two stand out from the rest:
- Mario Salinas Award, from the International Oléicola Council
- Best Oil Mill in Spain, from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment
Tasting La Aldea de Don Gil olive oil is an excellent decision to cook your daily meals or enjoy an EVOO to take raw.